Is suicide the best way out?

• Creator
    Discussion

ranger.freeman
    Participant

man weeping

I felt a deep sadness in my heart when I read this. I think you should read it too..

Found it on QUORA shared by
    Glenda Pliler
    She said, “We need to talk more. We need to be kinder. And we need to be a country that helps people when they need it the most. #ImHere” Friends, as someone who nearly committed suicide more than once, I can tell with certainty that BETTER IS COMING! Hang on!

This (above) is the final photograph of Phillip Herron 34, crying in his car, literally minutes before he took his own life.

He was a single Dad of three young children, struggling with escalating debt of over $20,000 and was desperately waiting for a Payday lending payment he’d applied for. But it’s paid in arrears, with a 5 week wait time. That wait drove him even deeper into debt, and when he died he had $4.61 in his bank account and clearly couldn’t see any other way out.

Like a lot of people, especially men, he kept all of this to himself, nobody else knew how bad things were getting. The poor man even had to tell his children that Father Xmas wouldn’t come this year, and in his suicide note he wrote that they’d be better off if he wasn’t there any more.

And now he isn’t.

We need to talk more. We need to be kinder. And we need to be a country that helps people when they need it the most. #ImHere

RIP ❤️

So my question is, is the suicide the best option?