Profile Photo

Jobs and Career

• Public Group
  • 1 week, 1 day ago

Members

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT MYTHS DEBUNKED

This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
1 voice
0 replies
  • Author
    Itunuu
    Participant

The advice of the people you listen to matters a lot.

What you feed on eyes affects what we think in our mind and our mind can affect our level of productivity which is the output that people see in us.

I will be talking about some misconceptions about personal development that have been circulating all around which are hindering people to help themselves grow.

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT IS FOR A CERTAIN PEOPLE
    Who is that person that brought this thought out of his/her mind? What a shame.

Some people believe that personal development is for some set of people and some other sets of people don’t need it.

Pardon me to say that some people will say, talk personal development to the white and not the black and vice versa. Some people wonder why they should embark on a personal development journey. They believe where they are presently seeing themselves is where everybody is, No that’s not true.

As long as there are some improvements that you want in your life, you need to make sure you develop yourself all around.

YOU DON’T NEED ANYONE TO SUCCEED
    A lot of people believe that they are the only help they need to attain success, but it’s not. You need the assistance of people in one way or the other to help you attain that peak of success where you want to be.

But note that, your success journey is not all about the people around you. People around you have a quota to fill,, and you also have your quota to fill. You are the right push and motivation that you need.

Having people of like minds makes the journey an eventful one. These people also serve as a drive and push to keep you on track on those days when you cannot help yourself.

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT IS ALL ABOUT POSITIVE THINKING
    Yes, I talk a lot about our mindset, but what is the outcome of thinking if it is not supported by action. You cannot just sit all day and be thinking of those dreams you want to fulfill or that peak you want to reach in your career without the support of positive action.

“TO EVERY POSITIVE THOUGHT, IT SHOULD BE SUPPORTED BY A POSITIVE ACTION~ Itunu”

When you think of something that you want to do for yourself which brings about a positive impact on the people around you, don’t hesitate to get on your feet and work towards achieving it.

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT INVOLVES TAKING A BREAK FROM YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE
    Some people thought about personal development is that it needs a break from all other everyday activities that you do.

You can decide to go on a vacation to spend time with yourself, but a personal development journey does not require any special journey.

Personal development is a part of our day-to-day activities. But a special journey or a break does not make a personal development journey anyhow special.

I’m sure you have either believed one or two of these misconceptions, but I’m here to help you clear it all up today.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.