Velocity Trade South Africa
About the job
We are seeking an experienced Corporate Actions Administrator to join our team in Claremont, Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all corporate actions events and ensuring timely and accurate processing of all related transactions.
- Manage the end-to-end process of corporate actions events, including communication with clients, issuers, and other relevant parties.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all related transactions, including entitlements, elections, and cash and/or stock movements.
- Review and interpret corporate actions announcements and circulars to determine the impact on client portfolios.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all corporate actions events.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including trading, operations, and compliance, to ensure smooth and efficient processing of corporate actions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of corporate actions procedures and processes.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex financial data
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with global securities and financial markets
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Tertiary education preferable
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a corporate actions related role
- Proficient in MS Office with proficiency in MS Excel
- Knowledge of Strate, JSE events and international markets in respect of corporate events
- Strong understanding of corporate actions processes and regulations
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks concurrently
If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for finance and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org