Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation Indicators, South Africa
About the job
CeSTII wishes to appoint two freelance toolkit development specialists to assist in developing the toolkits. One candidate that specializes in content curation and another in digital illustrations.
Responsibilities: Specialist in Content Curation
• Collaborate with the team to define the toolkit’s content strategy, scope, and objectives.
• Source, review, and curate a wide range of content to achieve the specific goals.
• Organise and structure curated content in a logical and intuitive manner, using storyboards and other methods to ensure seamless user experience and easy navigation.
• Review, edit and ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency of curated content, aligning with the toolkit objective and audience needs.
• Customise and adapt content to suit different learning styles, experience levels and specific needs of the toolkit users.
• Design interactive elements, quizzes, self-assessment tools, and other engagement features to enhance user interaction and knowledge retention.
• Gather and incorporate feedback from the team and users to continuously improve and refine curated content.
Responsibilities for specialist in Digital Illustration:
• Develop illustrations that communicate and enhance the uptake of the training materials.
• Design visual resources that simplify complex concepts, guide best practices, and elevate the quality of research outcomes.
• Collaborate with the CeSTII team to conceptualise and design a range of illustrations that effectively convey R&D survey concepts, methods, and best practices.
• Create a diverse set of illustrations, diagrams, infographics, and visual aids that align with the toolkit content, ensuring clarity, accuracy, and visual appeal.
• Transform complex ideas and processes into intuitive visuals that facilitate understanding and engagement for end users.
• Apply artistry to ensure the visuals are aesthetically receptive while adhering to the project branding and design guidelines.
• Work closely with the CeSTII team to ensure seamless integration of illustrations within the toolkit framework.
• Review and refine illustrations to ensure accuracy, consistency, and alignment with the toolkit objectives.
• Collaborate with end-users to incorporate feedback and make iterative improvements to illustrations based on input and testing.
· Honors or Master’s degree in the sciences or social sciences/humanities, including but not limited to science writing or science communication, instructional systems design, fine art, information design or related fields.
· Proven experience in content management and curation/ Proven experience in illustration, with a strong portfolio of styles and techniques.
· Demonstrable track record of training material composition and implementation/ Demonstrable track record of compiling multimedia toolkits, including toolkits for research and/or community development.
· Proficiency in content management systems and digital tools for organising and presenting information/ Proven technical knowledge of graphic art design and use of Adobe Creative Suite or similar packages.
· Familiarity with R&D/innovation survey methodologies is advantageous.
· Experience in instructional design principles and creating educational resources/ Experience in creating cartoon animation using, for example, Adobe Animate or similar packages, will be an advantage.
· Strong organisational and project management skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
· Flexibility, independence, creativity, and an aptitude for innovation.
· Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
· Ability to work well as part of a small project team and to communicate clearly and assertively.
Please register and submit your application online at https://hsrc.erecruit.co/
To apply for this job please visit hsrc.erecruit.co.