The E-commerce Manager will be accountable for the operational delivery of the e-commerce strategy and will manage the on-line retail presence throughout the whole retail cycle.
Position Type: Permanent
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead on the delivery of the e-commerce strategy, developing all relevant practices and frameworks.
- Implementing and monitoring marketing campaigns inline with the annual plan – working collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing and Communications and IT to develop the individual campaigns, commercial initiatives and SEO strategies, monitoring their performance in line with agreed targets
- Working collaboratively with the Commercial Director, contribute to the development of the e-commerce strategy, aligned to corporate goals and revenue targets
- Working collaboratively with colleagues from across the business, ensure all products with an e-commerce ability and the needs of all communities are represented in the strategy and associated product development and promotion plans
- Data driven and analytical, using insight and data to understand the demographic targets, search engine traffic, customer needs and preferences etc. to inform the strategic planning process and associated plans and frameworks
- Working collaboratively with software developers, copywriters, and graphic designers to develop the look and feel of the on-line shop and the performance of the platforms, in-line with the e-commerce strategy – ensuring technologies and interfaces are current, user friendly and run smoothly
- Managing third parties and contractors aligned to the strategy; working collaboratively with the Procurement Team, be the lead stakeholder on any procurement activities related to these contracts e.g. performance review and re-tendering
- Keeping current with consumer sales legislation, data protection legislation etc. ensuring all policies and practices are compliant
- Constantly reviewing performance and practices, ensuring the strategy and associated plans evolve and meet the needs of the organisation; keeping up to date with technologies and trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- As the first point of contact for e-commerce, the role holder will require:
- Experience of hands-on management of an on-line sales platform and ideally formal qualifications in retail or sales management and/or e-commerce management
- A good understanding and current working knowledge of online sales and marketing strategies, online sales platforms, relevant legislation/frameworks e.g. Consumer Rights, Modern Slavery, VAT etc.
- Good business acumen and proven ability to drive sales; lateral thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Best practice experience of customer service, product development, NPI, stock management, campaign management, continuous improvement etc.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, able to effectively analyse complex data and manage financials
- Personal impact and credibility with excellent written and oral communication skills, strong influencing and negotiating skills and able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including stakeholders, cross functional teams, and 3rd party providers
To apply please follow the link or call Georgia on 01384 456782 | 07936038289
To apply for this job please visit jobspaddy.com.