About the job
Do you have the skills to be a Research Executive? Analytical, organised, numerical with a passion for analysing and interpreting consumer opinions across a wide range of sectors.
ScotPulse is Scotland’s online research panel dedicated to voicing consumer opinions. Established for 12 years the online panel has over 45,000 members and offers a full range of research services. Owned by broadcaster STV, ScotPulse is dedicated to researching Scotland’s opinions from topical issues to views on brands, products and services.
To support the continued growth of ScotPulse, we have an exciting opportunity for a Research Executive to join the team. The Research Executive will report to the ScotPulse Panel Manager and the position will be based in STV’s HQ in Glasgow, working on a hybrid basis (normally three days in the office per week).
- Designing and scripting questionnaires accurately and promptly using specialised software and serving this survey to the ScotPulse panel.
- Maintaining the panel database e.g. updating respondents’ details for accuracy, managing unsubscribes.
- Operationally building survey samples to serve the questionnaire to; managing the survey when live, weighting of tables and ensuring quality of output.
- Interpretation and analysis of quantitative data and presentation of the results.
- Responding to queries from clients with accuracy, speed and clearly communicating the recommended research approach.
- Creating reports in PowerPoint that identify key findings and actionable recommendations.
- Assist in any other aspects of work of the Company as reasonably required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent numerical skills – keen eye for detail, can interrogate and present large volumes of data in a digestible form.
- Self-motivated – able to work to deadlines, prioritise projects and deliver results on time.
- Confident in IT systems and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Advanced expertise with Excel e.g. manipulating spreadsheets, comfortable using basic formula including sort function, pivot tables and creating charts.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of designing and scripting research questionnaires is beneficial.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Previous market research and quantitative research experience would be an asset.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Business-related discipline is desirable but not essential.
If you feel you have the relevant skills along with the enthusiasm for our industry and award-winning brand, we would love to hear from you. To apply please send a covering letter explaining why you think this job is for you, and full CV to [email protected] – when submitting your CV, please state where you saw the position advertised.
Closing date: 5 October 2023
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you:
- 25 days leave and 9 public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras scheme, and an extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- Access to occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
STV Group plc is an equal opportunities employer committed to valuing and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from candidates underrepresented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from ethnically diverse talent and people that identify as disabled, deaf and/or neurodivergent. As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Please let us know if you have any access requirements to support your application by emailing [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org