About the job
To create a world with more founders.
We believe every founder has the potential to unlock the future of human achievement – and that everyone should have the tools and the opportunity to participate. Kinde exists to do everything possible to propel founders and their teams forward.
To reinvent the way software companies get started.
Kinde is a software company that builds beautifully simple dev-acceleration infrastructure for SaaS teams. Our tools shorten the distance between having an idea and getting it into the hands of the people who need it. We help them build, launch, experiment, and get to market faster and with more confidence. We build infrastructure for user management, release management, experimentation, and commerce. We help them accelerate earlier and allow them to focus on the thing that really matters: building the products that will change the world.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Support Engineer who wants to be involved in helping our customers get set up with Kinde and helping them resolve any issue they come across. Kinde is built by engineers, for engineers, so you will be helping other software engineers to make the most out of our SDKs or APIs.
You will be joining the Kinde team, where we strive to provide Legendary Support (you can find our values on the site) to all our users, and they recognize that. It has started to become our secret sauce.
What you will do:
- Spread the Kinde word. You’ll share the Kinde product, vision, and values with your network and help to build our brand.
- Support our customers. You’ll be on hand to help support Kinde users as they go about integrating with Kinde. Support requests will come in shapes, sizes, and channels (Slack, Discord, Live Chat, Github) but you will be ready to help out in any way you can. Plus the Kinde team will be there alongside you.
- Shape our Legendary Support. You’ll probably have countless ideas of how we can improve our support as we scale. So if you have a better way to do a task, it’s yours to own to change it.
- Work collaboratively with all teams. You’ll work closely with our Engineering, Product, Design, and Growth teams to make sure Kinde is the best it can be. You’ll help shape documentation, content, product feedback, feature requests, and support processes as you see fit.
- Build and maintain Kinde products. Given that you have the coding chops, you will also help to build the Kinde product from time to time, as we have big, bold aspirations and need all the help we can get.
- Strive to learn and hone technical skills. You’ll always write clean and well-thought-out code, pick up new techniques , and make sure you are always asking questions to learn from and help the team around you.
A bit about you:
- Experience building web products. You’ll have some experience in software engineering. This could be anything from being in a grad program to tinkering after hours on your own projects. We’re open to any industry background, and if you have worked in an early-stage startup, or are familiar with authentication flows – even better!
- Worked closely with customers. You have been at the coal face before answering questions and supporting customers to make the most out of a software product.
- You’re comfortable with receiving feedback. From our customers or from code reviews, which means you’ll often get a lot of feedback on your work. You see this as an opportunity to grow.
- You’re excited by new technologies. The world is changing, quickly. You’re excited by new and effective approaches to software engineering and want to learn from the best.
- You love to learn. You’ve probably mastered the basics of one or more parts of our stack and want to delve into the more advanced ones. You’ve taken initiative to sign up to Kinde and familiarised yourself with the product.
- Honest and open communicator. You’ll build strong relationships with people across the team and be a trusted partner for all things technical support. Your work reflects Kinde’s mission, vision and values.
- Great attention to detail. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You don’t let anything fall through the cracks.
- You work with calm determination. Our growth plans are bigger than big so you need to be excited to move quickly but able to keep a level head.
- Located in a European / UK timezone. This role will be responsible for supporting our customers in the UK/ European timezone where we are experiencing the highest growth. You need to be comfortable covering that timezone.
- The backend of the core Kinde product relies heavily on PL/pgSQL as a templating language (we know that’s unconventional) and Golang.
- Our SDKs and OSS libraries are written in a range of languages and frameworks to enable our customers to connect to us in their technology of choice.
- We are looking to grow our React Native and Flutter community. It’s not required, but a huge bonus if you have experience with these languages.
WAIT! Studies show that people identifying as women or from under-represented groups are far less likely to apply for roles if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements. There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate so please don’t self-reject – keep on reading! We’d love the opportunity to meet you.
About Showing Up
When you work here you understand that our values are lived here – not just spoken about. That we care deeply about creating an environment where people can do their life’s best work. A place where we show human kindness and gentle manners towards each other, and are free of prejudice of any kind. We believe that every distinct voice moves us forward, and that only through this can we create a company of giants. The way up is open to everybody, regardless of religion, race, gender, or sexual preference.
About the perks
We are always evaluating our benefits and perks. This is just the start.
- Equity for all. Everyone who works here owns a part of the company.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all genders, family constructs and paths to parenthood. An additional 4 weeks paid leave for the birthing parent to recognise the physical and medical factors that require additional time off.
- 3 days of volunteering leave. We believe small actions make a difference.
- Build your side hustle for free. Use our platform for free. Be a founder. We see your hustle and we love it.
- Flexible hours and locations. We provide you with a WeWork pass but you can also work from home or a cafe or wherever you feel comfortable. We also understand that everyone needs to work different hours. Be there for school pick up and walk your dog. You do you.
Sound good? Let’s get started.
Kinde is proud to be a 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commits to responding to every applicant.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com